Friday, September 19, 2008

Playing hooky

That's how I felt today. Even though I am certainly not 100% well, I probably could have made it through my day at work. However, I would have been crabby and miserable, so it's probably better that I stayed home. It's the weirdest "cold" I've ever had. My throat has been a bit scratchy, but most of the symptoms are the non-respiratory kind- just feeling really tired and lethargic and super grumpy. My equilibrium is also a bit off. I took a nap this afternoon and have had a headache ever since. At least I missed a meeting and colloquium today! 

I'll have to go back to normal tomorrow, because I need to take D to her first horseback riding lesson, then choir. I also need to do laundry and clean, because we have a showing on Sunday afternoon- it's the same people who saw the house last Saturday. It sounds like they are trying to decide between our house and another one in our neighborhood. I wonder if they'll make us an offer- and if it will be reasonable. We can't really go much below our asking price, because we need enough money to cover fees and make a meager down payment on the other house. We don't have a whole lot of equity because of a home equity loan we took out last summer when our house was valued higher than our current asking price. At least we got our siding put back on the house. We still have that damaged tree in front, but we haven't decided what to do with it yet. I think we'll have to chop it down, but there's no urgency at this point. I guess we'll see... 

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

I spent the day on the couch, feeling crappy too. Today is a little better.

Hope you get better soon.

Anonymous said...

i hope you're feeling better...