Monday, April 14, 2008

Survived!

I made it through a day of work without crying or evening tearing up at the office. A lot of people stopped by to say that they were sorry and talk- which was really nice. One colleague even gave us a card. During the exam this morning was probably the worst, because I was just standing around watching the students with lots of time to think. I got out of there fairly early, stopped at the store (we were out of soy milk, but also bought a bottle of chardonnay and a 4-pack of Guinness in those cans with the widgets), and now I'm home until Wednesday. I have teaching stuff to work on, like grading and lecture updating. Tonight, I am going to cook dinner and enjoy a drink. I'll also watch Dancing with the Stars and just relax. I cancelled my plane ticket, so I have a credit with Delta that I can use until next February- I was supposed to be on the plane right now to Big Giant Conference. One day down. Whew.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

small victories are everything!

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through today. Enjoy the wine and/or Guinness!

Super Babe said...

Glad you made it through the day. You see, when I had mine, I don't think I cried as much as I needed to - the whole coldness of the medical care made it almost weird to cry... so blogging about it was for my own therapeutic relief.

Enjoy the drinks... my small victory was eating sushi on Sunday night and signing up yesterday for a half-marathon later this year :)

Addy N. said...

I also plan to drink a diet soda in the near future! (I know- I live on the edge, don't I?)