- Early this morning D wakes up with a fever and tummy ache
- 8:30 I arrive at my office to find that it is STILL over 75°F even though the thermostat is turned to 60°F. (I called twice about having it fixed over the last two weeks).
- 8:35 Find a voice mail from the building services people saying that they had addressed the work order about the office being too cold. They calibrated the thermostat, so it should be working now.
- 8:37 Discover that cover (which must removed to adjust temperature) has been locked, so I am now unable to turn the damn thing down to a reasonable temperature.
- 8:39 Open windows and point fan to suck in cool air from outside (it was about 40°F outside)
- 9:00 Upper level class
- 10:30 Frantically go over today's lab with TA
- 11:25 Exam review in freshman class. Annoying students who always talk during lecture are talking again. I stop and look at them and say "do you have a question?" No. "Well, please stop talking."
- 11:26 Students are talking again (just quieter). "I can still hear you," I say. We weren't talking. "OK- I guess I am just hallucinating, then."I am sooo sick of these people. H thinks I should tell them to leave. Any opinions?
- 11:55 Find email from editor that there are still several changes to make to the accepted paper. List attached.
- 12:00 While packing up to come home, so that H can come in for a meeting (since D is home) I get a NASTY paper cut on my left pinky (I never realized how much I use that finger for typing, btw) Blood starts pouring out immediately. I take 5 minutes of searching my purse before I find a band-aid.
- Oh yeah- it's raining today, too.
- ETA: I just received a notification from NSF that a pre-proposal has been 'discouraged'. This is the the third year we were going to submit the thing- it was encouraged both other years and almost funded last year. WTF???
Monday, March 19, 2007
It's a good thing that I got to come home early, because during the four hours that I was out of the house this morning, a bunch of annoying things happened.