Friday, August 18, 2006

Signs that summer break is really over

  1. our local Kroger store ran out of broccoli
  2. it took me 5 minutes to get through the stop sign at Chestnut and Campus Ave. yesterday at 5:15
  3. there are Lexus GX and RXs all over town (NOT being driven by faculty)
  4. cars are speeding through streets where the speed limit is 25 mph and not stopping for pedestrians
  5. I was awake before 6:00 this morning (trying to get back to my early schedule, since I teach at 9:00 or 9:30 every day)
  6. sigh
Today is move-in day for the dorms, so I am avoiding campus completely. Instead, I am taking D to run some errands and do a little clothes shopping. This will be interesting, because I had to cancel my credit card earlier this week- they mailed a new one in July and I never received it. I guess I'll be spending real money this time! I also need to get new lenses for my sunglasses- they are magic clips and I accidentally put the sunglasses part through the washer AND dryer. One of the lenses popped out and looks like a shrinky dink, now. OOPS!

No comments: