Thursday, March 02, 2006

March came in like a lamb

March seems to sneak up on me every year, since February is so short- I guess. I'm feeling great to have those proposals finished (now, if they could only be funded!). I have two conferences this month, which I am preparing for right now (or not right now, because I decided to update my blog before waking everyone else this morning--> I am the household alarm clock). My plan is to write both presentations into papers before the semester is over. I also have that other paper that got left behind during the proposal frenzy of January and February. I will have April and May to accomplish these things (after the conferences are over). Let's hope I can do it, so that there is no danger of me NOT getting tenure.

I took this photo at a conference in Baltimore last year. Conferences can be pretty fun, since it is a chance to see friends from grad school that I never get to see any more. Sometimes they are also in really fun places. The Baltimore conference last year wasn't bad, except that it was REALLY cold (below 20°F) and windy the whole time I was there. I will tell you about this year's conferences after I get back. Of course, if I was good at schmoozing, then conferences would be a great chance to network. Unfortunately, that has never been one of my strong suits! I meet some new people, but I'm not very good at those sorts of interactions (I'll tell you about an unfortunate incident at a conference in 2003 some other time).

OK- time to wake the family. I'll post again soon!

1 comment:

Addy N. said...

Shelly: Thanks for the comment & for checking out my blog!