Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Off on an adventure

Today, D and I are off to Very Distant Country to meet up with H, who has been there doing research since June 3rd. This is our first trip and we're very excited about it. It will take two 8-hour plane rides and a 7-hour time change to get there, but we'll arrive tomorrow night! We've been mostly packed since Monday. We've got snacks (larabars & homemade cookies) and entertainment (kindle, iPad, books, pillows, blankets, etc.) for the plane, and everything else is packed and ready to go. A friend picks us up in a few hours to take us to the airport.

I finished teaching my summer class last week (it feels like ages ago already!) and got some research work done, so I won't be thinking about or doing ANY work during the three weeks we are there. We should get to see some amazing places, plants, and animals and meet extended family for the first time. We'll also be crossing the equator for the first time! I'll try to post some pictures- at least when I get back. FB friends can look over there, of course. I've been seeing lots of vacation photos on FB lately and I'm glad it's finally MY turn to get away for a while! I hope everyone is having a good summer!

1 comment:

Super Babe said...

Have fun!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!! :)