Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Yes, I know it's August, but what better time to set some resolutions for the academic year?
  • I will not let the students in my big first-year course get me down. If they are obnoxious, I will ask them to leave and not get all worked up about it.
  • I will do my darnedest to get students to participate in discussion in my upper level courses. And I will try to bite my tongue, so that I don't take over the whole discussion!
  • I will keep exercising at least four days a week (ideally five) when classes start. I may have to revert back to my EARLY schedule of yesteryear, but I am going to do it, dammit!
  • I will try to have a positive attitude about life in general. This has usually been easy for me, but has seemed harder over the last year or so. I need to shed some cynicism.
These seem pretty attainable, right? I need to be more disciplined about some things, but I think I can do all of these. Monday is the start of the new semester, so we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Sounds like a great plan. You can do it!!!!

Balancing Act said...

This is the perfect time for setting academic year resolutions. They are all doable, albeit difficult. Good luck and keep us updated!