- Finish ms review that is due in two days (it will likely be late)
- Get things organized for fall classes (syllabi, reading packets, etc)
- Finish work with summer intern, or rather tie up loose ends before s/he goes home and ideally start writing a paper (I'm not terribly optimistic on this one, but we'll see)
- Have a few planning meetings with collaborators about proposal writing. One of these meetings is to review a declined proposal and consider our options. The other is a new collaboration and should be fun and exciting- especially since it could get me back into the area of research I was in for my graduate work (yay!)
- Attend another planning meeting in Capitol City next week. New venue should make it even more exciting (I won't be going to Big University campus this time).
I guess that's it. Something notably absent here is writing. Ugh. I don't have anything new to write beside the summer intern work (and that may be a bit premature still). I still have a paper that I put on the back burner an embarrassingly long time ago and meant to dig out and finish up. Maybe I can still do it. We'll see...
Today, I'm off to another late start since I am still in the vicious cycle that is keeping me on West Coast time. I have to go to campus to meet my student this afternoon, so I will likely just do more organizing and planning (and cleaning up my messy desk) this morning before I go in. I hope I can still salvage these last few weeks!
*Teaching five days a week