Saturday, July 04, 2009

Gloomy 4th of July

I don't mind, actually. We have no plans, so it isn't spoiling anything for us to get rained on today. I do feel bad for people who were planning to attend the outdoor music and fireworks event in Major City, though. Bummer.

We are just hanging out at home, spending a VERY lazy Saturday. H went for a run on the treadmill, but I have been sidelined by a foot problem. I think I must have injured myself at Relay for Life. In hindsight, I probably need new running shoes- I only walk in them, but I've had them for over three years now. It might have been the combination of the heat wearing me out quicker, my old shoes, and a concrete surface that did me in. I'm wondering if I could have a stress fracture, although it's not very painful. I kept waiting after the weekend to resume my usual treadmill walking, but after walking around the zoo on Wednesday, my right foot was really sore (I never made it to the treadmill). It hurts if I pull my third toe up, but not the others and it was sore yesterday after doing some shopping. It just seems like any kind of fracture would be more painful than this, but who know. Whatever is wrong, it's not great timing since we are headed to Adopted Home State next week for our family visit/anniversary trip and H and I planned to do some hiking on our side trip without D. I'm sure I can do some walking, but I don't want to overdo it and make it worse.

In other news, I am somewhat out of my funk, but still feeling like I am just doing too much thinking about life in general. About decisions and my age and time running out for certain things. I'm having a constant internal struggle that causes my mindset to shift almost daily (or hourly!) I don't know why I am driving myself crazy like this, but I can't help it. Ugh. I am looking forward to getting out of town for a while and having a change of scenery. I am also looking forward to celebrating ten years of marriage to H this month. Our side trip from my mom's will be only our second trip without D ever- and the first trip without her was to a conference! If you know me on Facebook, watch for pictures in the next few weeks.

1 comment:

Meadow said...

I've been following your blog for a long time but not recently as I dropped out of the blogsphere for a while. I feel for you when you describe how you want more children. I've had friends who tried all sorts of things to have more kids and friends who simply gave up and accepted it not wanting to torture their bodies. Its tough.