Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tired, tired, tired end to an icky day****

Today was one of those days when almost every minute is booked: meetings, classes, helping students... By the end of the day, I was also really hungry and PMS cranky. I was just wiped out when I got home. To make it even more exciting, my MacBook flipped out this morning and stopped letting me log in*. I was able to login to a difference account** with no trouble, and finally figured out how to access the files in my main account. It's working OK now, but Time Machine won't back things up- I'm suspecting there is a permissions issue, but I'm not sure. I had already backed up recently, but just wanted to make sure it was up-to-date. I'll probably just buy*** a new external hard drive to set up Time Machine on this other account. I just have to find out whether the other account is salvageable or if I should delete it or what. I am going to crash now. At least I'll be ready to get up early and be productive tomorrow.


*It was NOT a password error- it would act like it was going to login, then kick me back out to the login screen.- not tell me the password was wrong or do that little jiggly thing.
**A test account I had set up to trouble shoot a software issue a while back, but never deleted it.
***I actually have a gift card for our campus bookstore that I can use.
****I also found out that another grad school friend ALSO just had a baby- that makes two of my friends from grad school who had babies around my former due date (and both were at D's birth, too!)

No comments: