Monday, June 30, 2008

Yes, I am the biggest slacker. Ever.

What I have done today:
  1. drove H to campus because there is still no parking (damn, freshmen orientation)
  2. stopped by the grocery store
  3. paid off my credit cards with my summer salary (wOOt!)
  4. took a shower
  5. went back to campus to get H and a friend for lunch
  6. got coffee & marble loaf at Starbuck's after lunch
  7. dropped off H and friend back at campus
  8. came home and watched HGTV
  9. updated all the pages on my website to "Associate Professor"
  10. played Scrabulous
  11. read blogs
  12. checked to see how far along I would have been by now (22 weeks)
  13. wrote this post
What I haven't done today:
  1. read articles for manuscript due in a few weeks
  2. read article for a meeting tomorrow
  3. worked on other research tasks that need to be done this week
  4. worked on poster for August conference
  5. wrote one-page abstract for PIs meeting at August conference
  6. replied to email from editor with updated title and authors (for paper that is not being worked on)
Ugh. I feel like such a loser. If I hadn't already had so many slacker days, it would be one thing, but I really should have worked today. D is at the neighbor's, H is on campus, tomorrow is busy so I won't get much time, I was planning to take D to the Zoo on Wednesday. I just have major procrastination issues! OMG- is it really almost 5:00?? Good lord...

5 comments:

hgg said...

This sort of sounds like me nowadays... I hardly get anything done either.

I'm sorry you're still doing number 12 on your list, maybe that has something to do with the procrastination? A huge loss and a bit frustrated about the future that doesn't look like it's going to be like you wanted it to be?

Addy N. said...

Thanks hypoglycemiagirl: I'd love to blame my lack of motivation on my recent loss (I've blamed plenty of other things on it!), but this isn't my first summer that I've felt like this. If anything I think it's getting tenure that is making me lazy. I no longer have the fear of losing my job as motivation to work! Not that I should need that, but maybe you're right- maybe I'm not as fine as I think I am. I'm sure I'll snap out of it in time to get done what needs to be done...

Dr. A said...

congrats on #9!!

Dr. Mary said...

I know how you feel!! I jsut blogged about this a couple of weeks ago, and sort of made peace with myself. I'd love to hear what you think about the entry: http://professorandparent.blogspot.com/2008/06/summers-when-i-get-caught-up-right.html. Have a Starbucks for me :)!!

Super Babe said...

I'm sure #9 made you feel good :)

Bummer on #12, but I did the same thing a couple of days ago...

I need to start playing Scrabulous with you!

Write, write, write!