- Last fall, we had talked about going to Very Distant Country (H's home country), but when post-election violence broke out, we decided to postpone it. Things settled down, but then I was pregnant and couldn't travel to a malaria-prone area. Now, I'm not pregnant, so I can travel (and have lots of vaccinations), but I've committed to a couple of things this summer. H will likely go either way (his ticket is paid for), but I'm torn about whether D and I can go, also. I volunteered to go to a conference in early August (and my abstract was just accepted)- we'd be back in time, but I'd need time to get ready. I also volunteered to mentor a student this summer and if I go, s/he will be without a mentor for 2-3 weeks. None of this is insurmountable, but I just wonder if we should go under such hasty circumstances.... Tickets are also about $2000 (a piece). We'll see.
- I am feeling 100% physically and even emotionally, I feel just fine. I'm sure I will encounter things that will set me off in the future (like when my due date approaches- especially if we are not trying again or we are, but I'm not pregnant by then), but for now I'm feeling really good. I think that was one benefit of doing the "natural" miscarriage, rather than a D&C, because it took almost two weeks for all bleeding to stop and by then I was feeling like myself. It's almost like it coincided perfectly- body is healed? check. Mind healed? somewhat- now I can feel like it's really over. I had my hCG levels checked on Tuesday and they had dropped to 35.8* (they keep checking until they fall below 3). The nurse thought that next Tuesday could be the last check since they were that low already. I found on the web, that they are supposed to halve every 48 hours, so that would put me near 3 by next Tuesday. I'm just glad the whole ordeal is over. I started having bleeding on April 1st, got the bad news April 10th and had the miscarriage April 11th. I was basically bleeding for most of the month!
- I have one week of classes left and I don't know if the students can tell, but I am totally slacking off. I have grading to do in the upper-level class, but I keep blowing it off. I am showing a video and doing a group activity, then exam review in the freshmen class, so I am not lecturing. The upper-level class is all presentations, too! I feel like such a flake.
- I have not been eating very well, but that will all come to an end on May 12th!!
- I accidentally honked at my 87-year-old neighbor yesterday. She was blocking traffic so I honked, then realized who it was. I'm hoping she didn't know it was me.
- I'm going to miss our graduating graduate students this year. They're an awesome group.
- I made an offer to another prospective graduate student for my RA! I hope s/he accepts!
I am going to go look for something to cook for dinner. We thought about going out, but we really have plenty of things here- they just need to be cooked!! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend- where ever you may be.
*HPTs are usually sensitive to about 25