- I'm glad Halloween is over. Around here, there are no less than THREE opportunities for children to trick-or-treat. There's the campus dorm trick-or-treat sometime the week before Halloween. There is the Small Town business trick-or-treat and parade. Then there is the NORMAL October 31st deal. And this doesn't include the class party where other parents send in even MORE crap for them to rot their teeth with. Sheesh. I am also sick of these kids who show up at our door, don't say 'trick-or-treat' (or even 'hello') take some treats*, then don't say 'thank you' as they leave. No wonder we live in such a rude society.
- I am giving myself a crash course in Mac usage. I think I have figured out the most critical issues so far- such as the no-right-mouse-button issue. I also watched part of a tutorial on Leopard on the Mac website which showed me how to use Spaces (very cool!) and other fun Mac things. I am posting this using Safari (although I am still using FireFox mostly). My PCs may be sitting lonely! Later tonight I am going to use Parallels to migrate my fresh install of XP from the laptop that died the other day. I hope it works! ETA: I got an error trying to create the image on the old machine (twice), so I'm going to try my office machine tomorrow, which runs Vista. If that fails, I have to get an XP disk and just do a new install....
- It is so freakin' cold around here. I took D to lunch because they have Election Day off and every time we ran between the car and stores the wind was just awful. I was enjoying fall, but am NOT ready for winter yet!
- My classes are almost ready be on auto-pilot for the rest of the semester! I have presentations scheduled for BOTH classes for the last two weeks of the semester (right after Thanksgiving). This means I should be able to get some badly-needed research done. I first have some labs and other things to get organized, but it should be smooth-sailing after that.
- I am making my favorite Butternut Squash Soup right now- it has curry spices, coconut milk, and kale in it (thanks, Moosewood Cookbook!) It's such a fall recipe- I love it.
OK- time to go eat. I just wanted to check in. I hope you are all doing well and the semester isn't getting too crazy for you.
*I hand out healthy treats like fruit roll-ups and granola bars