Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Buck up, little camper

The post title is in honor of my blog-buddy, Seeking Solace, who had a case of the Mondays yesterday! I'm sure she will get the movie reference, too.  I wanted to make sure she is cheered up.  

I also wanted to blog about my relaxing weekend.

Wednesday: We went out to lunch and ran some errands, since D was off that day, too.
Thursday: Lounging at home, then to a friend's house (my new female colleague) for dinner. It was mostly graduate students and and lots of fun. D was the the only kid, but was a really good sport. After dinner, we played Trivial Pursuit 80s Edition and my team won! Of course, most of the grad students are too young to remember the 80s, so those of us in our (late) 30s were at a real advantage.
Friday: We went the the Major City Museum Center with another family. Our daughters are in the same class and I know the father from work, so we had made plans to go together. It was very fun and a nice chance to get to know them better. We were there all afternoon and visited all three museums. On the way home, we bought a HD-DVD player at Costco (for only $160), had dinner, stopped by CompUSA, Caribou Coffee, then came home.
Saturday: D had piano stuff in the afternoon, then we went to dinner in Major City with my sister-in-law.
Sunday: More relaxing at home and D had a friend over in the afternoon.

I am so not in work-mode now. I think I mentioned before that we are trying to get pregnant now (now that we are going to get tenure!). I have a friend who is already due in April and found out about another one due in July! I am trying really hard not get too worked up about this, because it may not happen. It's been over 8 years since D and I am 37 now. I am also excited about the prospects, though. I don't want to turn into Caroline from "Tell Me You Love Me". I have to be OK with either outcome. I'll keep you posted if there are any developments- otherwise I don't plan to blog much about it. 

Lastly, please take note of my word meter, which has moved a bit today. I am working on a new version of the proposal that never got funded and need to write a one-page summary for potential collaborators. Tonight, I will be watching Dancing with the Stars, so I will work on it more tomorrow...

5 comments:

Eddie said...

The quote is from Office Space!

"It's a red Swingline stapler."

Addy N. said...

Hi Eddie! Yes- Seeking Solace's "mondays" quote is from Office Space, but what about my title?

Seeking Solace said...

Better Off Dead...one of my all time faves!!!!

Thanks for the cheer up!!!

Addy N. said...

Ha! I knew you would get it, Seeking Solace! I hope today was better! Monday was an OK day for me, but it rained all day and was dark and depressing.

Eddie said...

Oops, yes, Better Off Dead. "I want my two dollars!"