Saturday, March 10, 2007

Job Decision 2007... continued

My meeting with the dean was fine. S/he was MUCH more encouraging than my chair was (does this even seem logical to anyone?) The icing on the cake was that I had ANOTHER paper accepted yesterday! I'm third author, because it was a collaboration with two students, but it's still another pub- that makes one beyond expectations for my department (so, there!) We need to make minor revisions, but I should have three papers published in 2007- I never thought that could happen. Of course, now I have nothing in review... guess I better get busy! I have to call the job offer dean on Monday and turn them down. It will pain me a little, but if it was meant to be, then things would have worked out for H, too. I'll still be waiting to hear from dream job in a few weeks (although I'm not totally optimistic). There's also one more application to send out next week.

I'll try to do a Some Art Saturday post later....

Yay- It's Spring Break, too!


Seeking Solace said...

Sounds like things are starting to turn! I will keep my fingers crossed for Dream Job.

JustMe said...

me too! (fingers crossed)