Monday, February 12, 2007

Post-Interview Trip Report

Wow, am I tired! I am just treading water today. I got home Saturday evening and spent yesterday trying catch up on work & laundry. I was up until midnight last night preparing for class (since I am so behind and I didn't have time to do it before I left town), so I've had about 5 hours of sleep. I think both interviews went well, but you never know because I don't know who else they are interviewing (4 for each position!) I won't hear from either place until the end of this month or possibly March- even if I'm the first choice, so I just have to wait and try not to think about it (yeah, right!) It was so great to be back in adopted-home state- I saw my mom & grandma while I was there, as well as my aunt, uncle, & cousins. It would be so wonderful to be driving distance from them again. I don't think I appreciated my time living close to them nearly enough. I really hope I can get an offer from at least one of the places. I think I will be very depressed if I don't. I still have two other applications out there, but they haven't even requested letters (as far as I know), so I'm assuming that I am out of the running on those. So, these two are it. If it doesn't work out, I guess I have to decide if it's worth applying next year- after I've submitted my tenure package...

I've got to work on a proposal now... my collaborators have been patiently waiting for me to return, so I can't let them down. Maybe I'll reflect more later. Or maybe I'll go to sleep early!

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Like Tom Petty says "The waiting is the hardest part!"