Wednesday, February 28, 2007

JobWatch: No news is bad news...

OK- I know it's not over yet, but I am feeling discouraged today. I've been telling myself that if I don't hear this week, then I'm likely out of the running. This is very depressing. I really felt like things went well, so it will be disappointing if neither place calls me- especially since my entire department knows that I interviewed (oh- didn't I tell you?- at the faculty meeting during my absence a few weeks back, my dept. chair announced to the entire department that I was out of town on job interviews- lovely, isn't it? I'm so glad that I bothered to tell him). At this point, I feel like it's an embarrassment if I don't get an offer. People keep asking- "have you heard anything yet?" It's as annoying as being single and having your mom ask "are you dating anyone?"

I've had a migraine all day, too. It's the first one I've had in months (I think the last one was last summer). I took an Imitrex right before my big lecture class, when I realized that Ibuprofen was having no effect. I hate teaching in that condition- I feel so spacey. I used to think it was the meds, but I actually think it's the migraine itself. I'm just in sort of a migraine haze now. I'm more clear-headed than I was, but still not myself. Anyway- I'm just in a lowly state today... thought I would share. sigh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry your dept head is so indiscrete... and keeping my fingers crossed for you!

k8 said...

It's the migraine that causes the haziness. I've been getting them since I was 12, and the best remedy/preventative I've found so far is accupuncture. Imitrex is nice too, though.