From Teacher Lady...
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? hot chocolate (made with soymilk!)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? unwrapped, assembled, front row & center! (under the tree? they wouldn't fit there!)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? nope
5. When do you put your decorations up? AFTER December 1st. EVERYONE in this part of the country seems to think that Thanksgiving weekend is the time, but I REFUSE!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I usually make a coconut milk curry- we always eat something Indian-inspired for Christmas dinner (this is OUR tradition- not what I grew up with)
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? hearing the reindeer on the roof!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly do not remember
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? no way
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? lights (LED), lots of Hallmark ornaments, a few World Market ornaments, and a star (also from World Market). We also have Asian elephant stocking holders from World Market!)
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? HATE IT! I lived in CA too long!
12. Can you ice skate? probably not
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? my bicentennial bicycle (Christmas 1976, dude)
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? keeping in touch with friends and family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? anything with chocolate
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Santa for the kids
17. What tops your tree? see #10! although there were several years where Capt. Picard topped the tree.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? giving!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? John Lennon - Happy Christmas (War is Over)
20. Candy canes? great for stirring hot chocolate
21. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story