Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday in the office

Nothing exciting to report here...

We had a campus-wide power shutdown last night, so I had to physically unplug everything in my office before leaving yesterday. This involved lying on the floor on my stomach to unplug the power cord behind my desk. Today was even more fun, because I had to plug it back in. This may not sound like a big deal, but the back of my desk extends almost all the way to the floor, so this maneuver involved lying on the floor under my desk, using a hand mirror (to see behind the desk) and interpreting what the mirror showed upside down and backwards! I was very proud of myself for getting the stupid thing back in!

I have spent most my time today reading through an advisee's partial thesis draft. I'm meeting with him in a few minutes to talk about what he needs to do. I haven't had a chance to work on THE PAPER today, but it's still in my mind from working on it the past few days. After my meeting I need to pick up D at school (unless I call H to get her... hmmm...), so that will eat up my afternoon. I have gotten back to getting up earlier (6 or 6:30), but not accomplishing much at that time. I'll keep at it... Today is a resting day, but yesterday I walked 4.08 miles (not as fast as Monday, though).

No comments: