Saturday, March 11, 2006

Conference done!

Whew! That's the feeling I always have after giving a conference presentation. I feel like it went well this time and I got some good questions and feedback, as well. I was first speaker in my session, which I love, because then I feel completely relaxed for the rest of the speakers.

The conference was in Chicago and I wish we had had more time to spend there, because it seems like a fun city. The only sight-seeing we did was to visit the Field Museum for a couple of hours. I did get to eat some deep dish pizza and good Thai food, too.

My favorite thing about conferences is getting to see friends from grad school that I never see any more. We've all gone off to different parts of the country and barely have time to stay in touch, but when it's conference time, everyone comes to the same city and it's a great chance to catch up with everyone. I also see former advisors and professors from grad school. I especially appreciate it when they come to hear my talks- it's been 10 years since I finished my MA, but two faculty from that department were at my talk this year.

I've got another conference in a couple weeks, but I'll be taking a break first!

No comments: