Thursday, December 02, 2010

Less than two weeks left!

Next week is our last week of classes at Small College Town U, which puts finals week uncomfortably close to Christmas. My last exam is Friday of that week (the 17th!) and grades are due the 21st. Ick. I finally figured out a few years ago that putting up the Christmas decorations over Thanksgiving weekend is the best plan for me- otherwise I'm in the middle of end-of-semester grading nightmare. Now I just have to figure out how to get all my shopping in and ship everything out west to my extended family.

In other new, just like October 30th, we spent some time in the ER on November 30th. This time, D was dehydrated from a stomach virus. The same thing happened to her when she got sick with stomach viruses in kindergarten and first grade. She hasn't had one since and I figured since she's bigger now she'd be okay, but I was wrong. They gave her two bags of IV fluids and some Zofran (and gave us a Rx for more) and she's been improving ever since. She still didn't really eat yesterday, but today seems better and hopefully she can go back to school tomorrow.

That's about all that's been going on. We've had a light dusting of snow (pretty early for us) and may get a couple inches on Saturday- is it weird that I'm kind of excited?

No comments: