Sunday, February 28, 2010

Things that are bumming me out right now

  • I'm pretty sure my cat is on her last legs. She 16 and has kidney disease and is barely eating. It makes me sad to see her like this.
  • My TA is being a slacker this semester. I requested to have the same TA as last semester, because I thought s/he did a great job. Now s/he is being flaky and I really don't like it.
  • D being injured again. I feel like we never take her anywhere as it is, and with her hip hurting her (and causing her to limp), we can't.
  • Credit card debt. And our home value is so low that there is no chance of a home equity loan any time in the near future.
  • Students that are totally disrespectful. I know they're everywhere, but it really wears me out. How hard is it to sit in class for 50 minutes and not talk to your friends or send text messages? And I make the lecture very interactive, too. I almost feel like it's making them more at ease and they feel like they can get away with more.
  • Issues of global concern, like this, this, and this.
  • PMS isn't helping any of these issues. Ugh.

7 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

I am so sorry things are so crummy right now.

Poor kitty. I hate to bring it up, but it may be time for her to go to the Bridge. It's never an easy decision.

Students are driving me crazy too. The level of disrespect is unreal.

Has the Dr. said anything more about D's hip? How about water therapy?

Ugh. Things are just crazy all around. Sending hugs.

Addy N. said...

I have a vet appointment next Saturday, but I doubt they can do anything. I don't want to put her down unless she's suffering and she seems OK right now. She purrs and purrs and purrs when you pet her and she still meows a lot (she's always been a very talkative cat). And she is still eating and drinking some and using the litter box. I'm almost hoping she doesn't make it until next Saturday- I don't really think they can do anything at this point.

And yes- the doctor x-rayed D's hip and found no bone injuries, so she starts physical therapy tomorrow. He's just calling it a sprain/strain now.

jo(e) said...

Very sorry to hear about your cat.

Leslie M-B said...

I'm sorry to hear that everything is so hard for you right now.

It's especially difficult to see animals suffer, and just as difficult to say goodbye to them. I'm sending healing vibes to you, the cat, and D.

Anonymous said...

I had students texting this morning in Sunday school. It's 40 minutes! and you're lounging on a bean bag chair!

comebacknikki said...

So sorry to hear about your kitty :(

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

My hat is off to you for teaching undergrad kids.....I don't think I could do it (outside of honors classes or cherry picking some 300-level). At least graduate students are a little more invested in things.