Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm with Coco!

I'm so sad about the end of Conan O'Brien's run as a late night talk show host. I've watched him off and on since the mid-90s- when you actually had to stay up to watch shows since there were no DVRs! I was initially skeptical of his move to the Tonight Show, because I was afraid the show would change and the silly humor that I love would go away. Well, that didn't happen, but now his time on that show has been cut short. I don't feel sorry for him- I know he's getting plenty of money and will continue to be successful. I feel sad for people like me, who are fans and love to watch his silly antics and interviews with celebrities. What a great escape from the stresses of our lives.

I thought he went out on a high note last night- with no bitterness toward NBC or anyone else. I hope he's back on TV soon- I'll watch him wherever he ends up.

3 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

I thought he showed a lot of class. You could tell this has been tough for him. I thought it was cool that he went to bat for his team, making sure they got a nice severance.

Addy N. said...

Definitely! I've never heard anyone say anything bad about him as a person. He sounds like a really good guy. I don't know how many other people would have stepped away as gracefully as he did.

FrauTech said...

I'm with you, been a Conan fan for years. Haven't watched him as much recently (only just a few days ago realized he was on Hulu, we don't have cable). But agree his leaving was extremely graceful and I also will look for him wherever he goes.