Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Random bullets of my day off

  • We made a Trader Joe's run today. I think it might have been a mistake to buy those dark chocolate mint creams. Mmmm...
  • We ate lunch at Cheesecake Factory and it was FREE* because they took too long. We never complained or even asked where our food was, but they knew that it was WAY too long. I brought home a piece of cheesecake for later.
  • I spent over $100 at LUSH today, but at least I got 15% off (coupon). I am stocked up on bath bombs, bubble bars, soap, toner, and facial moisturizer. I love LUSH.
  • We also got a deal on coffee today at Starbucks. We were supposed to get a discount on our drinks because we bought whole bean coffee, but they ALSO undercharged us (& I didn't notice until we got home!)
  • I am trying to be more aware of my driving, because my Civic Hybrid is not getting the mileage it should. Sometimes it's because the tires are a little low, but I think I have just been lazy and letting my lead-foot tendencies take over. I've been getting low 30s which is TERRIBLE for my car. Today I got 46.5 MPG on our whole trip (about 80 miles round trip)! Woo hoo!
  • It was a nice day out with H and we got home just before the school bus. I'm having a good spring break!
  • Tomorrow will be a (leisurely) working day, then Friday we are goofing off again. 
*We still tipped our server as if we had paid full price. We only had to pay for the cheesecake, though!

6 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

What goodies did you get at Lush???

Psych Post Doc said...

Sounds like a great day full of goodies.

Addy N. said...

Let's see, at LUSH I got Honey I Washed the Kids soap, Sexy Peel soap, Vanishing Cream, Karma dusting powder, Angels on Bare Skin, Eau Roma, Karma bubble bar, Floating Island bath melt, and Youki-Hi bath bomb. I think that covers it! Maybe I'll take a bath tonight... (and if I had just linked these in the post, where I wouldn't have to manually edit html it would have been easier, huh?) :)

Seeking Solace said...

There's a Lush at a mall in the city we plan to move to. I can't wait!

TiredProf said...

Karma soap is my favorite--what a great trip!

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Wow, you got some great deals! Maybe you should take days off more often. :-)