Friday, November 07, 2008

Recovering... & RBOC

  • I am missing D's girl scout trip to help at a community dinner/soup kitchen this evening. I had originally volunteered to drive, but confirmed that there were already enough parents to help and decided to go easy on myself today. 
  • I am still quite sore and it's almost impossible find a way of sitting that doesn't hurt my back, but ibuprofen is my best friend right now.   worst part of all of this is that I cannot sit comfortably- leaning on my back is scary (unless I gingerly lean on an ice pack) and even sitting like I am now (perched on the edge of my desk chair) is not great either. If I were sick or recovering from anything else, I would be curled up on the couch, but I just can't do it in my current state. Bummer!! I have a pile of grading I'd love to get into, but I'd really like to sit on the couch and that is not fun right now. I'm very glad that it's just the cyst removal that's causing me pain- the others are hardly noticeable. 
  • I am completely sucking atInaDWriMo so far. I haven't done a thing yet and have even given up on another paper that was supposed to go into a special issue (although that is due to data issues and collaborators). I guess I will now be waiting until I feel better to be productive, but I still feel lame.  
  • When I got home today, there was voice mail from the hospital calling to see if I was doing OK. Isn't that nice? It was outpatient, but I never thought that would call to check on me.
  • That's all I've got....

No comments: