Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Quick check in

This is a work-at-home day for me and I have PLENTY to do:
  • update study guide for freshmen exam & post it
  • revise exam for freshmen class I need to go to my other computer to work on the next two tasks, but a nap might have to happen first...
  • finish some analysis for next week's conference
  • compile maps, photos for student poster
I have this overall feeling of stress, but I can't tell you specifically what I am stressed about. Well- OK I can think of several things: 
  • getting things done for next week's conference- even if I can't go (which is another thing bothering me, since I am still up the air on this), my wonderful RA is going to give the talk, so it has to be ready no matter what! 
  • I am still bleeding- not a lot, but enough to be unsettling and not very reassuring. The doctor said it might continue for 2-4 weeks(!)
  • I'm still not allowed to exercise- the only way to relieve stress (other than drinking, which I can't do either!)
  • Taking extra hormones is not helping any of the above. I have been having some serious bitchy moments and other times I'm feeling completely depressed. My progesterone levels are up where they should be now, at least.
OK- back to work... I'm also still trying to finish laundry from the weekend. Is it too early for a cookie? Hmmm... Eaten: one snickerdoodle and two Trader Joe's blue cheese-stuffed olives

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

pregnancy rule #1: It's never too early for a cookie.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with pregnancy rule #1. Rule #2: It's never too early (or too often) for a nap.

Sorry you're stressed. Still sending lots of good thoughts your way. Rest as much as you can!

DrOtter said...

I'm sorry to hear you're stressed and about the scary time you're having. (I'm just catching up on blogs now, post-move). I hope you start to feel a little better soon and that people understand the hormone related stuff. And i don't think any time is too early for cookies!

Amelie said...

I'm sorry about the pregnancy scares. Hope the problem resolves itself soon. And I agree that it is never too early for a cookie!

MommyProf said...

Hang in there. You may remember that I had a big scare with Bun early on, but everything turned out fine. Not that, that's a consolation, I know, but things can work out ok.

Addy N. said...

Thanks, everyone! I am failing miserably at being positive and I'm blaming it on the hormones. I'm so depressed. I cried for half an hour before I slept last night, so my eyes were all puffy when I woke up this morning. I see the midwife tomorrow for a check-up. I really appreciate all of your comments- and Mommy/Prof- I remember what you said about Bun. I know that everything could still be fine- I'm just having a really hard time thinking that way right now.