Monday, March 05, 2007

Thanks!

Thanks for all of the cheerful comments, everyone! I'm feeling a bit deflated because I probably won't be able to take the job, though. As I said in another post- I don't see how it would be worth splitting up our family (and this isn't the "dream job" that talked about it- it's a good one, though!) As much as I would LOVE to live in that part of the country, I just don't see it being possible. I'll take my full week to decide, though. Maybe tomorrow I'll be telling you how it will be just grand when I take D out to Adopted-Home State and leave H here, but my gut feeling is that I'll have to pass it up. I should also mention that there are other drawbacks to the job offer: the pay is barely more than I make now (and it's MUCH more expensive to live there) and the teaching load is significantly higher. There aren't any prospects for H either, unless he leaves academia. Maybe I'll have have some grand revelation about how it could work... I'm sure H and I will talk about it more- he's willing to do the LD-thing, but is also unimpressed by the $.

More streams of consciousness to follow, I'm sure....

Thanks, bloggy friends!

2 comments:

Ianqui said...

Well, even if you can't take it, it's still great to get the offer!

JustMe said...

first off, congrats on the offer!!!

and good luck with the decision...