Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Interesting job search developments

One straightforward one:
They have requested letters from my referees at the most recent application (I guess it needs a name- how about Mountain U? It's in a beautiful mountainous place.)

One strange one:
This morning there was a missed call on my cell phone from the search committee chair at dream job. No voice mail left on my cell phone. No e-mail today. No call today. The call was really late last night, so I thought maybe he dialed and then realized what time it was here and quickly hung up, but the lack of follow-up is odd. Maybe we meant to call someone else! After all, there are many candidates now! I could e-mail and ask, but I figured I would just wait a day or two to see if he contacts me. I am hoping to NOT hear anything from them for a couple more weeks so that I can get an idea about Mountain U...

The plot thickens....

Otherwise, I have a headache. I sent off the revision that wouldn't go away and the proposal revision to my collaborator, finished a study guide for the next chapter I am teaching the fresh-people (without completely reading the chapter!), started organizing slides for tomorrow's class. All after today's field trip. I wish I could post photos- the kids were very fun and cute- and I don't usually get too excited about other people's kids! I need to finish the slides and have a plan for tomorrow's class (video anyone?- I can't really do that as I will be missing 5 classes in the next few weeks as it is!). I was also supposed to write that lab exam for next week, so I can go over it tomorrow with TA. It might not happen, because (as I said) I have a headache...

If anyone wants to help me speculate about the strange phone call, feel free. Maybe I should ask Dr. Medusa to do a reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that strange one is strange. i wish i could help... hopefully in a day or so you'll hear from them. fingers crossed for you!