- We don't have to move.
- We will be financially better off (the cost of living is pretty reasonable around here).
- We will move closer to Major City once we (hopefully) get tenure.
- I will (hopefully) have only one more year as an assistant professor.
- I can try to start some research in Adopted-Home State & make more frequent trips out there.
- Maybe life will be a bit less stressful as an associate professor (that is- IF I get tenure!)
- H, D, & I all have each other!
ETA: See comments- Dr. Brazen Hussy brought up a few good points & I responded!