Friday, November 24, 2006

T-Day Re-cap

I was almost going to get up to join the crowds this morning, but decided to sleep in instead. I think I slept for 9 hours! It's probably best, because D is coughing all over the place and I'll be lucky to NOT catch it- the extra sleep will help. So we saw Happy Feet yesterday and it was OK. The animation was incredible, the penguins were adorable, and the music was fun, but the plot was a bit lacking. It will be nice when D is a bit older and we can go to see more grown-up movies as a family. We didn't have a huge dinner, but I did try out Nava Atlas' "Aztec Platter" recipe. It was very good and easy enough that I may start making it during the week! All you have to cook is some quinoa and the only chopping is red peppers, parsley, and squeezing lemons! Isn't it pretty?

Thanksgiving Dish

I also made an apple crisp for dessert from my new copy of Vegan Lunch Box. The house smelled wonderful while it was baking! I have a lot of grading and organizing to do this weekend, but think I will do some more cooking today. Have a great weekend, everyone!

tags:

No comments: