Monday, October 30, 2006

A meme!

As seen over at Seeking Solace's place...


Explain what ended your last relationship?

I can't even remember my last relationship!
When was the last time you shaved?
Last week.
What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.?
Getting my things together for work.
What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Teaching- reviewing for an exam (90-student class).
Are you any good at math?
I used to be. I've forgotten calculus, but can still do algebra
Your prom night, what do you remember about it?
I didn't dance! My date and I hung out at our table (it was a dinner-dance) and talked- it was fun.
Do you have any famous ancestors?
Sort of. My grandfather built drag racing engines, so if you are into racing you should know his name!
Have you had to take a loan out for school?
Yes and I will be paying for YEARS!
Do you know the words to the song on your MySpace profile?
N/A
Last thing received in the mail?
10 million catalogs.
How many different beverages have you had today?
Two- decaf Typhoo tea (with turbinado sugar and soymilk) and decaf Trader Joe's House Blend (also with turbinado sugar and soymilk).
Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machine?
Of course!
Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
If you mean my first concert- it was Shaun Cassidy when I was SIX YEARS OLD.
Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
No.
What's the most painful dental procedure you've had?
I had a terrible dentist when I was 13 that HURT me terribly just doing an injection. I almost threw up at the office.
What is out your back door?
Lots of birds (including peafowl).
Any plans for Friday night?
H and I might get a sitter and go see Borat.
Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Not really- I like my hair straight. It just looks bad when it's grungy and messy
Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
Yeah- but it was a LONG time ago.
Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Yes- a few times
Do you re-use towels after you shower?.
Of course! I am not going to wash 30 towels every week! (I don't think we even own enough to wash them every time!)
Some things you are excited about?
This semester ending in a little over a MONTH.
What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O?
I don't eat ground up animal hooves. Ew.
Describe your keychain(s)?
My school keys have a keychain from my PhD alma mater with my name on it (a gift) and I also have one from my husband's home country. I also have a tiny globe that I "bought" from a veteran (I made a donation outside the grocery store).
Where do you keep your change?
All over the house, my desk, my backpack, my purse, etc...
When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
About 25 minutes ago! (I was in class)
What kind of winter coat do you own?
I have several- two LL Bean sporty parkas, two black raincoats (one also has wool lining) and one heavy duty microsuede FAUX beaver fur (also black). I only get out the last one when it is brutally cold (which isn't too often here!).
What was the weather like on your graduation day?
High school, sunny and nice, BA, sunny and nice, MA, sunny and nice, PhD, I didn't go, but it was probably sunny and HOT!
Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
Closed- only because H insists.

I plan to do a 'real' post soon- on academic matters, even! We've had lots of crap going on around here at work, so I want to put some of it out there for discussion.... more later.

No comments: