Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm still here!

Wow. Things have just been silly. I've barely even been reading blogs, so if there are monumental things going on and I am not commenting, please forgive me! Here are some random bullets of the last few days:
  • real coffee makes you stay awake at night- especially when you usually drink decaf ONLY! I went to the PTA meeting at D's school last night. At the last meeting there was decaf Starbuck's, so this time I ASSUMED that it was also decaf. Oops! I guess not. I was up til 1:00, so I'm a little sleepy this afternoon.
  • there are always strange people at the post office- what is it about the post office? Where do these people come from? I don't see them at the grocery store, so where are they coming from and why do they always need to mail things?
  • my house will not be that clean for my mom's visit- she arrives from the west coast on Thursday- just in time for the high temps to drop into the 40s! I need to clean, but time is running out and I ALSO have actual work to do- which is why the house is messy in the first place- you know how it is...
  • peacock droppings are very messy- yes, our little feathered friends have been around a lot lately and leaving deposits on our FRONT PORCH and even the DOOR MAT. Some thanks I get for putting out bird seed for them! I just hope they aren't carrying H5N1.
That's it for now. I hope you are all doing well out there in the blogosphere. I hope to catch up sometime soon. I keep waiting for the semester to settle down and now it's half over, so I guess it isn't going to happen!

5 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Wow, sounds like things are rough. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I think they buy their groceries at Wal-Mart, that's why you don't see them at the grocery store. As for why they always need to mail things??? I have no idea.

Anonymous said...

yes YES. I secretly think that the wierd people at the post office are those people who sell strange stuff on ebay.

Seeking Solace said...

I just read your comment about my hiatus. I am curious to know what the stats are!!!! Can they be measured in feet????

Thanks for keeping my secret!

Addy N. said...

Hi ss: Well actually the statistic was a really big number- like 200,000! Take care!