Tuesday, July 25, 2006

#100

I've been putting off this post for a few days, because I felt my 100th post to this blog shouldn't be a 'random bullets' or complaint post. I started this blog last December, right before my semester-long research appointment (essentially just a teaching-free semester). It's now approaching the Fall semester again, when I will teach my heavier 3-class load (I usually teach two in the Spring). I'm teaching summer session right now (only two more weeks), so my teaching-less time has already ended. I have mixed feelings about how things have gone during the last 7 months. Last semester, I presented at two conferences, submitted two federal grant proposals, and did some family traveling, too. Unfortunately, I didn't submit that wretched paper that was supposed to go in last January. It is close to being finished, but I haven't managed to find the time to get those last things completed and send it in. I have another (co-authored) paper awaiting revisions, as well. One of the proposals from February was turned down, but we've already revised and submitted it elsewhere. The second one is still being reviewed, so it's still up in the air. If either (or both) of these proposals gets funding, I will feel very good and feel that the time it took away from writing was justified. We'll see what happens, there...

So the next few months are going to be very hectic. My teaching load in Fall is very full- including a basically new prep, since I am revising a class that I taught only once before. The others have their own demanding aspects, too. I HOPE to finish my paper and submit it before the semester starts. The paper needing revisions will probably not get revised that soon, but I'll harrass my co-author to try.

So that's where I am. As far as blogging goes, I am really enjoying the blogs I've been reading and the comments I get on my own posts. I'm even part of a group blog, now! Thanks for reading and I'll keep you posted!

Oh yeah- this my last year before going up for TENURE!

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Congrats on 100 posts!!!