Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Guilty Pleasures Meme

This meme is making the rounds on the academic blogs...

Four Guilty Pleasures in Books/Reading:
Books- who has time for books? I read magazines to feel guilty!
1. Consumer Reports
2. PC Magazine
3. Hollywood Life
4. The Da Vinci Code (I just read it and I loved it!)

Four Guilty Pleasures in Movies:
1. Old School
2. Joe Versus the Volcano
3. Night of the Living Dead (the ORIGINAL- not the crappy 90s remake)
4. The Princess Bride

Four Guilty Pleasures in Food:
I have been a vegetarian for 14 years and am mostly vegan recently
1. Anything chocolate (but not crappy American chocolate- I am a snob!)
2. Smart Bacon
3. Veggie Booty
4. Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra

Four Guilty Pleasures in Music:
OK- this is the really embarrassing stuff!
1. Little River Band
2. Styx
3. INXS
4. Dolly Parton

Four Guilty Pleasures in TV:
1. Star Trek the Next Generation
2. Medium (did anyone see the season finale?)
3. Conviction (ditto)
4. Kids in the Hall

Four Guilty Pleasures in Booze:
I don't drink much these days...
1. Any merlot
2. Blue Moon Belgian White
3. Sam Adam's Holiday Case from Costco
4. Trader Joe's $5 wine

I tag anyone who hasn't done it yet!

4 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

A friend of mine and I would watch the Princesses Bride after finals every semester during law school!

Styx…oooh. That’s a good one!

Addy N. said...

ss: That's great that you watched the Princess Bride after finals- I used to watch Disney's "Robin Hood" in college!

Chaser said...

I refuse to categorize the Princess Bride in any way guilty. It's high art!!!

Addy N. said...

Lisa: I totally agree- I was having trouble thinking of things that really qualified. If I'd spent more time mulling over it, I'm sure I could have come up with some better ones!